Montag, 11. Mai 2015

Memento and Altenew

Perfect match??? I search a good combination for my wonderful Altenew stamps... I have a lot of Memento at home and so I made an experiment to play with all of them :)

this is one of the Altenew Stamp Set, called "vintage flowers"
Altenew means old (alt=German word for old) and (e)  new. They have more than one 3D Stamps, little difficult, but the effect is amazing :)

Altenew meets Memento Nr. 1



...so I can choose onme of the color combination an d made a wonderful card.

Altenew meets Memento Nr. 2

... maybe a Vintage look? Here you can see, that I try brown and grays... 

If you have any Questions please let me know, I answer so soon as possible :)

UPDATE 1x stamped: 

I had many questions about the 1x stamped, this means, that you must stamp the color of a piece of paper, before you need it on your work. Maybe it will better to say, that is the second print from the stamp without re-inking. 

for example, if you look at the color chart, you will find on the first line , the 4. and the 5. orange flower. Tangelo is a vibrant orange, but on the 4. flower it is light, because I stamped the flower one time on a other piece of paper (trash or so) and used the rest of the color from the stamp for the picture/ my work.

1x stamped means  IN ENGLISH it is the 2nd Generation stamping without re-inking :)

I plan to made a new sheet of paper, with the right words and a printable version too. I do now know the release at this time :) (Thanks for understanding)... will link the new under this post :)

If you have any questions please let me know :)

17 Kommentare:

  1. Hi, I love your colour combinations and this is so helpful to me, many thanks. I just wondered what does '1xstamped' mean?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks so much :) I wrote it, that only I can understand... So sorry... I mean with 1xstamped, that I add a second layer with this color... Also you stamp for example with Danube Blue and you repeat this step 1 time... Hope I can help you... please let me know, if you have more questions... Sorry English isn't my motherlanguage :) Hugs Ute

      Löschen
    2. Thank you SO much, this makes sense now. I have just bought the memento inks you have recommended. Thank you for the post and for your reply, I really appreciate it :o)

      Löschen
  2. I was also wondering about what 1xstamped means

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks so much :) I wrote it, that only I can understand... So sorry... I mean with 1xstamped, that I add a second layer with this color... Also you stamp for example with Danube Blue and you repeat this step 1 time... Hope I can help you... please let me know, if you have more questions... Sorry English isn't my motherlanguage :) Hugs Ute

      Löschen
  3. This is brilliant, vielen dank!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ah, Danke!!! This is such an awesome reference for those of us with a lot of Memento ink pads. I have the Altenew mini pads, but I don't always get the vibrancy I'm looking for. Thank you so much for sharing! Also, it's nice to know how they came up with the name. I never would have guessed. Take care! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Really love those colocards. Do you also have a printable version maybe?

    Greetings,
    Katja (The Netherlands)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for your comment. Sorry for my late answer. I do not have a printable version at this time. Maybe I will made a new one :) Hugs Ute

      Löschen
  6. I'm still confused to what ' 1 x stamped' means :( .....

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Einier... In the answer above, you will find an answer. 1x stamped means, you must stamp again...Hope you can work with them. Hugs Ute

      Löschen
  7. Vielen Dank für die Tabelle, hab mich im Internet schon blöde nach Farbkombinationen zu den Memento Dew Drop gesucht, weil ich mir Layer-Stamps bestellt habe :D Hat mir sehr weiter geholfen! Ein bisschen verwirrt bin ich mit dem 1x stempeln übrigens auch, wenn ich das richtig verstanden habe, stempelst du mit z.B. Blue Danube die erste Ebene 1x und die zweite Ebene ebenfalls in Blue Danube doppelt? :) Lasse dir liebe Grüße da ��

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hallo Ricku, ja genau... Da habe ich wohl einige durcheinander gebracht. Werde dies wohl nochmals neu machen, damit ich nicht so viele irritiere :) Ja, das 1x gestempelt heisst soviel, wie nochmals gestempelt ....Liebe Grüsse Ute

      Löschen
  8. I made a update in the Blog above. HOPE this will help for understand :) Hugs Ute

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Now I understand! :) thank you. It's called '2nd Generation Stamping'. When you use the inked stamp again without re-inking.
    Thank you :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks so much for helping and supporting me :) Hugs Ute

      Löschen